Wednesday, August 15, 2007

To the temple

Friday the 10th we took Dalon to the Lubbock Temple where he received his endowments. I think when I saw him walk into the room looking SO young and handsome, it became a surreal moment. I couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that my child was there-with me- in the temple. He looked a little lost but later he remarked the he could have stayed there forever! Good sign! My thoughts, "He gets it!" The next day he turned 19.

Today Arlen and I celebrate 20 years of marriage. We'll be going to St. Johns in the Virgin Islands to celebrate. I'm so excited to go someplace different and beautiful and will post all the pics when we get back. I even got a passport. Does that mean I'm somebody now?:-) A passport makes a person want to get up and go, so I'm hoping to have many other trips to various and asundry places!!

Lastly, I'm now an official real estate salesperson. Who'da thunk it? I guess all that moving, remodeling, building of property, staging of property, etc. led me in this direction. I never thought this is a place I'd go. The Lord provided this opportunity when we needed a little extra to help with Dalon's mission. He knows best, so we'll see where this takes us and I'll keep ya posted.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Congrats on all the wonderful family events. Dalon is a fine, young man. It doesn't surprise me that he was spiritually ready for the temple. Enjoy the Virgin Islands with your hubby. Happy 20 years!

The Nielsens said...

What a moment. WoW!! Dalon is going to have a wonderful mission. Sounds like things are going really well for the Work family. Happy 20th and have a wonderful time.