Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just call me Hannah


"Therefore also I have lent him to the Lord; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the Lord." (1 Sam. 1:28) Today I am Hannah. From the day Dalon was born, my focus has been to teach him to love and serve the Lord and today he enters the MTC. He actually made my job easy because he naturally leans toward the light of Christ. He innately does good, desires and seeks good in this world and shuns the rest. What have I done to be so blessed? The truth is that he is lent to me and now I am, in a sense, giving him back.


Last night Dalon was set apart as a full time missionary by our Stake President. The blessing was awesome and so personal, so specific for Dalon's needs. The Lord loves him so much and has so much in store for him. Isn't that knowledge what keeps us all striving? Arlen also gave him a father's blessing and many more promises and much more insight was imparted. It was a wonderful night-even amidst the last minute packing that needed to be attended to.


I'm so grateful for all those who helped guide Dalon. Most of his life so far has been spent in Robinson/Waco area so all those who influenced him there are now part of this exciting time for us. The growth and learning he attained while living there has made him the wonderful person that he is. And so, with tears of joy for him and tears of selfish sadness for me, I eagerly await his first letter from the MTC and his first phone call at Christmas and I wonder if he made his connecting flight in Dallas.... I may be Hannah, but I'm also still Kari.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Whoa! The first paragraph brought the tears. I can't believe the wonderful experiences your family is having right now. I'm glad I have your example to follow.

The Nielsens said...

Ditto Brandy's comment and might I add how grateful I am for you and your family and the light that you shared with us hear and continue to share. I love you. My heart leaps with joy for you and the wonderful experiences Dalon will have and it aches with you knowing that you will be missing him.