Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Triathlon Times

Since Arlen moved to Amarillo in 2005, he's trained for and participated in several small triathlons. We have actually gone and watched at a few of them, but always sans camera. This time we took a camera, complete with supportive logo t-shirts, but somehow ended up without any photos of Arlen. He's just too fast!! (That's the only thing I can think of.) This particular triathlon was held in a gated community which has a private lake. The lake had just turned or something and newly disturbed organisms had killed a lot of the fish, so the place stunk like rotted things!!! Thus the photo with carefully pinched noses!
Anyway, Arlen had a blast making the tee's for the kids and did fairly well in the race to boot.

3 comments:

The Critchlow Family said...

Wow Uncle Arlen...I'm impressed! There is no way that I could ever do a mini-triathlon. Mark is training to do a half triathlon with his brother-in-law in May (I think). Those shirts are super cute too! I think I am going to make my kids shirts for when Mark competes! Cute idea!!

Larry said...

A triathlon sound like too much Work.

Anonymous said...

Ok - you've gotta post some more - this is like way old and we need an update on Dalon and Carston and the rest of the work clan

Jim - "texaspricetags"